Friday 22 October 2010

Scar Tissue

So... I thought it was about time I started a blog where I can talk all things music and post reviews or just talk about anything that has got me excited. :) Well here it goes..

I was recently lent Scar Tissue, Anthony Keidis' autobiography. Anyone who knows me well, will know I am a HUGE Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. It all started when I was about 10 and I heard the song By The Way for the first time, so naturally I was pretty excited at the chance to read his autobiography. At a glance it would seem that it is mainly about drugs and sex, and to be honest a lot of it is. However, it is really an insight into one of the most interesting lead singers of the past 30 years, from the death of Hillel Slovak to the makings of all their albums up to By The Way. It's a great way for any Red Hot Chili Peppers fan to find out all they could ever want to know without having to trawl through the internet for information and has some incredible pictures of the band and also of Keidis' many girlfriends. The book is so much more than an account of his experiences getting high and having sex. It describes his friendships and how he dealt with his drug addiction and losing his loved ones. Scar Tissue is by far of the most interesting books I have read in a while and is a must read for any Chilis fan.

Over the next week I'm planning on reading Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend by Stephen Davis so I'll report back when I'm finished :)

Sophie x

2 comments:

  1. My best friend bought me that book for Xmas a few years ago and I absolutely love RHCP.

    I really really liked and have read it about a million and one times.

    ReplyDelete