Sunday 7 November 2010

Foals

As most people in Bristol will know, Foals played at the o2 Academy last Thursday. It was the third time I'd seen them and the gig itself was pretty average: Yannis looking lovely, him climbing up things he probably shouldn't and lots and lots of Indie kids. The only real disappointment for me was the setlist. They played:

Blue Blood
Olympic Airways
Total Life Forever
Cassius
Balloons
Miami
After Glow
2 Trees
What Remains
Spanish Sahara
Red Socks Pugie
Electric Bloom
Encore:
The French Open
Hummer
Two Steps, Twice

When I saw them back in May, it was just before the release of Total Life Forever and This Orient was incredible live and they don't seem to play it any more (Foals gave it a miss at Reading festival too) I also wasn't a big fan of Blue Blood as an opener but overall it was a pretty good gig.

However if I'm going to be honest it was probably the best of the three Foals gigs i'd been too, purely because I met YANNIS PHILIPPAKIS.
Me and Josh with YANNIS :) It's a bit dark but nevermind.
For those of you who don't know, he is the lead singer and guitarist of Foals and in my opinion he is a bit beautiful. I was shocked to discover he is actually really lovely, for some reason I assumed he would be arrogant and a bit rude but he was perfectly happy to sign things and even gave me his lighter. What a nice guy...


On a related Foals note I finally got around to listening to the bonus disc on the limited edition version of Total Life Forever and honestly I'm not to sure what to make of it, it's like Total Live Forever but naked and I'm not sure of that's a good thing... 


If you haven't already, listen to them here:  http://www.myspace.com/foals


Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment